Could A Serious Aquaman Movie Role Save Him?
TMC
2013-03-08 08:06:11 UTC
http://officialfan.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=offtopic&action=display&thread=467360&page=1

By save him, I mean the public perception of him.

Let's face it, despite roles in the various animated works, the
upcoming Injustice video game, and the comics, Aquaman is mostly seen
how he was seen in Superfriends.

Saying that, however, there was another character that, before a major
movie came out, was seen in a certain light by the general public as
well, and that was Batman.

Until the release of the 89 Batman movie, most of the public still saw
Batman as the one we saw in the 60s TV series...slightly campy and
stuff. The 89 Batman (and the comics, yes, but I'm talking general
public here) changed the view from most people on that matter.

Could the DC King of Atlantis get similar respect if, either in a solo
movie or a Justice League movie, he was given a similar serious role
so the movie-going public could see him in a different light?
Hass
Vincent Chase already made Aquaman huge!
Captain Infinity
2013-03-08 20:29:26 UTC
Once Upon A Time,
Post by TMC
Could the DC King of Atlantis get similar respect if, either in a solo
movie or a Justice League movie, he was given a similar serious role
so the movie-going public could see him in a different light?
No.

**
Captain Infinity
Sol L. Siegel
2013-03-09 03:48:51 UTC
Post by TMC
Could the DC King of Atlantis get similar respect if, either in a solo
movie or a Justice League movie, he was given a similar serious role
so the movie-going public could see him in a different light?
Screw Aquaman. I'd like to see a Sub-Mariner movie instead. That
might have a bit of potential. He's a Marvel character, of course.

- Sol L. Siegel, Philadelphia, PA USA
William December Starr
2013-03-10 22:16:43 UTC
Post by Sol L. Siegel
Screw Aquaman. I'd like to see a Sub-Mariner movie instead. That
might have a bit of potential.
Only if every time he shouts "Imperious Rex!" somebody kicks him in
the nuts.

-- wds
greg lee
2013-03-19 02:45:53 UTC
[...]
Isn't this the first cover Aquaman ever appeared on--almost 2 decades
after his Golden Age debut?:

Professor Bubba
2013-03-19 03:43:05 UTC
In article
Post by greg lee
[...]
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4/4292-1683-4699-1-brave-and-the-bold-_super.jpg
I think you're right. If Aquaman ever got the cover of any book he was
in -- More Fun, Detective, World's Finest and Adventure -- I can't find
it. Aquaman's next cover after those JLAs was for Showcase #30,
February 1961, when DC was trying to kickstart his own magazine.
Aquaman v1 #1 finally came out in February 1962.